- Health Topics
- Birth Control
No sexual activity that may result in the exchange of body fluids taking place.
Partners agree not to participate in sexual activity.
- This is the only 100% method of birth control.
- Encourages communication in the relationship
- Abstinence encourages the use of other ways to please each other sexually
- Is a good method for the start of a relationship
- Partners need to agree with what is involved with abstinence
- Hard to stop foreplay from leading to sex
- Always need to have condoms available
Abstinence is the most effective method in reducing the risk of pregnancy, STI’s/HIV.