I have the right:
- To be treated with respect always.
- To be in a healthy relationship.
- To not be abused-physically, sexually or emotionally.
- To keep my body, feelings, beliefs and property to myself.
- To have friends and activities apart from my partner.
- To set limits and values.
- To say no.
- To feel safe in the relationship.
- To be treated as an equal.
- To feel comfortable being myself.
- To leave a relationship.
I have the responsibility:
- To determine my limits and values.
- To respect my boyfriend’s or girlfriend’s limits, values, feelings and beliefs.
- To refuse to abuse – physically, sexually or emotionally.
- To be considerate.
- To communicate clearly and honestly.
- To give my partner space to be his/her own person.
- To not expect power or control in the relationship.
- To compromise when needed.
- To admit to being wrong when appropriate.
- To ask for help from friends, family and trusted adults.