Healthy Babies, Healthy Children Program
The Healthy Babies Healthy Children program is a free, voluntary home visiting program for families, from pregnancy until the child goes to school. The program offers support to pregnant moms, their partners, and families.
As part of the program, the public health nurse may introduce a family home visitor. They are experienced parents who have special training to help families. Public health nurses can provide telephone support or home visits to help you learn about:
- Having a healthy pregnancy and birth
- Connecting with your baby
- How children grow and develop as well as what you can do to help
- Being a parent
- Breastfeeding, infant feeding, and healthy eating
- Taking care of yourself and your family
- Other services available to you and your child in the community
For many parents, having a baby can be an exciting and yet challenging time. Parents may have questions or need help to adjust to their life with new baby. The Healthy Babies Healthy Children Program can provide reassurance and guidance. To contact a Public Health Nurse please call (519) 426 6170 or (905) 318 6623.