Healthy Smiles Ontario is a government-funded dental program that provides free preventive, routine, and emergency dental services for children and youth 17 years old and under who qualify.
What services are covered?
The program includes regular visits to a licensed dental provider and covers the costs of treatment including:
• scaling (cleaning)
• fillings for a cavity
• removal of teeth
• urgent or emergency dental care (including treatment of a child’s toothache or tooth pain)
• topical fluoride treatments
Cosmetic dentistry, including teeth whitening and braces, are not covered by the program.
Is my Family Eligible?
Children and youth 17 and under may be eligible for the HSO program if they are:
• residents of Ontario
• members of a household that meets the income eligibility requirements.
If your child is in pain or has large cavities he/she may qualify regardless of income. Call the Dental Health Line at 519-426-6170 or 905-318-6623 Ext 3293.
How can I apply for the HSO program?
• The Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit can help you enroll. 519-426-6170 or 905-318-6623 or 519-582-3579 at Ext 3293
• Go to ontario.ca/healthysmiles
If you have any questions about the free dental programs or to book an appointment call the Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit for assistance at 519-426-6170 or 905-318-6623 or 519-582-3579 at Ext 3293.
Lost or Stolen Card
• Call ServiceOntario INFOline toll-free at 1-844-296-6306 (TTY toll-free at 1-800-387-5559)