One-on-one Support with Breastfeeding
The Public Health Unit’s Nurses can provide one-on-one support with breastfeeding or other concerns related to the health of your baby.
To talk to a Public Health Nurse or to arrange a home visit call 519-426-6170 or 905-318-6623 and ask for a Maternal and Child Health nurse.
Haldimand-Norfolk Breastfeeding Buddies
Would you like to receive breastfeeding support from another mom?
- Match you to another mother who has recent experience with breastfeeding. She will act as a breastfeeding buddy to provide tips and encouragement.
The support will include:
- Phone calls or text messages for up to a year
- No cost
- A link or referral to a public health nurse if needed
All Breastfeeding Buddies:
- Have breastfed their own babies for at least six months
- Have been screened by volunteer coordinator
- Have successfully passed a 20 hour breastfeeding course recognized by the World Health Organization
To learn more or to sign-up call, 519-587-2441 Ext 356.
Information on Breastfeeding
For additional information on breastfeeding check out these resources:
- Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit:
- Breastfeeding Matters book by Best Start: to download a copy visit www.beststart.org and search “Breastfeeding Matters” or get a free copy by calling the Health Unit at 905-318-6623 or 519-426-6170 Ext. 3250
- Breastfeeding Information for Parents: Interactive website with everything you need to know about breastfeeding including common concerns and videos. www.breastfeedinginfoforparents.ca
Well Baby and Breastfeeding Drop-In
Discuss and connect with other families and health care professionals about your baby’s growth and development. Have the opportunity to speak to a Public Health Nurse about breastfeeding and any other questions or concerns you might be having about your baby.
Location and Hours
Tuesdays 9:30 to 11:30 am
35 Braemar Avenue
(Notre Dame School)
Thursdays 9:30 to 11:30 am
223 Fairview Ave. West
(Fairview Avenue Public School)
Wednesdays 9:30 to 11:30 am
12 Colborne St. North
Second Thursday of the month
10 to 11 am
105 Church St. West
Drop-in anytime! For more information call the Ontario Early Years Centre at 1-866-463-2759.
Breastfeeding Services in Ontario
Search for breastfeeding services in your area using your postal code at: www.ontariobreastfeeds.ca
Telehealth Ontario 24/7 Breastfeeding Supports
A free over the phone service provided by Registered Nurses who’ve had training in
Support available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For more complex situations, lactation experts also available.
Anyone welcome to call.
Call toll free: 1-866-797-0000