Brush carefully for two to three minutes to remove plaque and food particles and keep your teeth and gums healthy. A smear of toothpaste is all you need to keep your teeth and gums clean and healthy.
1. Place the bristles at a 45 degree angle to the teeth at the gumline.
2. Move the brush gently in small circles.
3. Brush the inside and outside of your teeth.
4. Brush tops of your teeth back and forth.
5. Brush the inside of your front teeth with the end of the brush.
6. Brush your tongue.
Adapted with permission of the Department of Health and Human Services, State of North Carolina