Communicating with others involves:
- Expressing a need or thought
- Being understood
If your child is having trouble with any of these areas, we can help! Our staff consists of Registered Speech-Language Pathologists and Supportive Personnel.
- Assessment for children from birth to age five
- One-to-one or small group intervention
- Education and support for parents and caregivers
- Community information and workshops
- Help with accessing other professional services as needed
Our services are fun, free and accessible. No child is too young to be seen. With parent consent, anyone can refer.
Children starting Junior Kindergarten in the fall must be referred by the end of June in the year they will start JK in order to access assessment and treatment services.
If you wish to refer your child to the Preschool Speech and Language Program, call 905-318-6623 Ext. 3243 or access our online form below.
Read our Program Information find out more about the Haldimand Norfolk Preschool Speech and Language Program.
Haldimand Norfolk Preschool Speech and Language Program Staff Directory
Simcoe Health Unit Site
- Lori Holstein, Senior Speech-Language Pathologist Ext. 3244
- Lisa Columbus, Communicative Disorders Assistant Ext. 3233
- Shauna Barrow, Speech Language Assistant Ext. 3258
- Becky Pow, Parent Program Assistant Ext. 3451
- Stacey Webb, Program Secretary and Intake Coordinator Ext. 3243
Caledonia Health Unit Site:
- Rita Taylor, Speech-Language Pathologist Ext. 3319
- Cyndi Clark, Secretary Ext. 3325
Dunnville Heath Unit Site:
- Karen Gibson, Speech-Language Pathologist Ext. 3715
Haldimand Norfolk Infant Hearing Program Staff Directory
Hearing screens for newborns are no longer handled at Norfolk General Hospital. These screens are now done by trained screeners at Health Unit locations across Haldimand Norfolk. Parents of newborns can call and book a screening appointment with the staff shown below.
Simcoe Health Unit Infant Hearing Screens:
- Becky Pow 519-426-6170 Ext. 3451
- Lisa Columbus – screens for Langton Administration Building site only 519-426-6170 Ext 3233
Caledonia Health Unit and Dunnville Health Unit Infant Hearing Screens:
- Shauna Barrow 905-318-6623 Ext. 3258
- Online Courses Available for Parents
- Communication Checklist
- Junior Kindergarten?
- Early Literacy: Questions & Answers
- Speech/Language Services for Children Beginning Kindergarten
- How to Share Stories with Preschoolers
- What is Phonological Awareness?
- You're the One! Nobody does it better.
- Recommended Reading List
- Ontario Association for Families of Children with Communication Disorders (OAFCCD)
- Minister of Children and Youth Services
- Ontario Early Years Centres
- The Hanen Centre
- College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists