- Norman’s Nutty Adventures
Why support a ban on smoking in parks and playgrounds?
- There is no safe level of second-hand smoke, not even outdoors
- Reducing children and youth’s exposure to smoking decreases the likelihood of them starting to smoke
- Cigarette butts contain toxic chemicals and can be dangerous if ingested by children or animals
- Smoke-free spaces help people who smoke to quit
- Protecting the environment – cigarette filters can take up to 15 years to break-down
What You Can Do
- Sign the petition to show your support for smoke-free parks, playgrounds and playing fields in Norfolk County.
- Spread the word! Talk to your family and friends about the issue and ask them to support smoke-free parks and playgrounds, too.
- If you live in Norfolk County, tell us what you think. Please take a few minutes to complete the online survey and you will be entered into a draw for one of three $50 gift certificates.
Norman’s Nutty Adventure Comic
- No. 1 Spring 2012
- No. 2 Fall 2012
- No. 3 Winter 2013
- No. 4 Summer 2013
- No. 5 Winter 2014
- No. 6 Fall 2014 Special Halloween Edition
To learn more or to find out how you can get involved, email Nicole Stone or call 519-426-6170