- News & Events
- Community Vaccine Update
- Community Vaccine Update September 7, 2021
News & Events
Community Vaccine Update September 7, 2021
Vaccine doses administered so far: > 132,000
Number of people completely vaccinated: Nearly 60,000 second doses administered.
Proportion of local population 18+ with at least one dose: 80.3%
Proportion of local population 18+ fully vaccinated: 74.4%
- The Health Unit and its partners have now administered over 132,000 doses of vaccine. 74.4% of adults over the age of 18 years are now fully vaccinated.
- While vaccination rates are slowing, they are still increasing week after week. The Health Unit continues to strategize on unique ways to make vaccinations available to every member in the community.
- Individuals who are unable to acquire a vaccine due to barriers such as transportation, identification, or accessibility should call 519-427-5903 or email [email protected] for assistance.
- It is essential for the public to receive a full series of vaccinations. Everyone over the age of 12 years may receive their second dose 28 days after their first.
- Several spots are available for the next few weeks on www.hnhu.org/popup
- HNHU is working with both local school boards to plan for school-based clinics, as per Ministry direction.
- HNHU is working with the LTCH and high-risk RHs to administer 3rd doses to residents.
- Eligible community members for 3rd doses are being asked to contact their physician or specialist if they qualify (stem cell or organ transplant, CD20 immune-compromising drugs, or active chemotherapy) and receive their dose there or complete a 3rd dose referral form.
- NGH now accepting walk-ins 9 a.m. -2 p.m. when open on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
- On days when there is a clinic running, a standby list for day-of appointments is available at www.hnhu.org/standby — if you wish to be called about doses available at end of day, be sure to sign up.
Upcoming pop-up Clinics:
Fire Hall Clinics
- Hagersville – Wednesday, September 8th 4-7p.m. (Pfizer/Moderna)
- Fairground – Thursday, September 9th 4-7p.m. (Pfizer/Moderna)
- Vittoria Community Centre- Friday, September 10th 9.a.m.-4p.m. (Pfizer/Moderna)
Information on how to register for community pop-ups can be found at www.hnhu.org/popup. All pop-ups also accept walk-ins.
For more information on the local vaccine rollout, visit HNHU.org/covax.