Vaccine doses administered so far: > 123,000
Number of people completely vaccinated: 51,700
Proportion of local population with at least one dose: 75.6%
Proportion of local population fully vaccinated: 67.0%
- The Health Unit and its partners have now administered over 123,000 doses of vaccine. 64.4% of adults over the age of 18 are now fully vaccinated. 94% of adults over 80 are now fully vaccinated and approximately 44% of youth 12-17 years old have received at least their first dose of vaccine.
- 97% of local cases in the past two months occurred among individuals not fully vaccinated.
- An update and data cleaning process was completed by the Health Unit for staff in long-term care homes over the past two weeks which showed staff vaccination coverage rates are up 10% to 79% across the region.
- The Health Unit is winding down the large vaccination sites, closing the Delhi Clinic on August 6, and Cayuga Clinic by Labour Day.
- A creative campaign partnering with local fire halls kicks off this week for individuals who require first or second doses.
Firehall pop-up clinics:
- August 4 – Selkirk
- August 5 – Teeterville
- August 9 – Fairground
- August 10 – Hagersville
How to receive your vaccine:
- Appointments for those scheduled for the Delhi Clinic after August 6 are considered canceled. New second appointments can be made at www.hnhu.org/popup.
- Information on how to register for community pop-ups can be found at www.hnhu.org/popup.
- Norfolk General Hospital continues to offer walk-ins for first doses Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Youth pop-ups to offer second doses to the first 3 groups being held the weeks of August 16 and 23. Register at www.hnhu.org/YOUTHCLINIC.
Individuals who are unable to access a vaccination clinic due to transportation barriers are reminded that they may contact [email protected] to request assistance.
For more information on the local vaccine rollout, visit HNHU.org/covax.