Vaccine doses administered so far: > 130,000
Number of people completely vaccinated: 58,300
Proportion of local population 18+ with at least one dose: 77.8%
Proportion of local population 18+ fully vaccinated: 71.9%
- The Health Unit and its partners have now administered over 130,000 doses of vaccine. 71.9% of adults over the age of 18 years are now fully vaccinated. 94% of adults over 80 years are now fully vaccinated and approximately 75.9% of youth 12-17 years old have received at least their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine.
- While vaccination rates are slow, they are still increasing week after week. The Health Unit continues to strategize on unique ways to make vaccinations available to every member in the community.
- Individuals who are unable to acquire a vaccine due to barriers such as transportation, identification, or accessibility should call 519-427-5903 or email [email protected] for assistance.
- It is essential for the public to receive a full series of vaccinations. Everyone over the age of 12 years may receive their second dose 28 days after their first.
- Eligible community members for 3rd doses are being asked to be patient as we work with the province to develop a process for rural patients. The province is encouraging hospitals, physicians and pharmacies to be the leaders in these boosters for immunocompromised patients.
Upcoming pop-up Clinics:
Fire Hall Clinics
- Selkirk– Wednesday, September 1st 4-7p.m. (Pfizer/Moderna)
- Teeterville – Thursday, September 2nd 4-7p.m. (Pfizer/Moderna)
- Hagersville – Wednesday, September 8th 4-7p.m. (Pfizer/Moderna)
- Fairground – Thursday, September 9th 4-7p.m. (Pfizer/Moderna)
- Norfolk General Hospital
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. with walk-ins welcome from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Pfizer only)
- Closed Labour Day (September 6)
- Cayuga Memorial Arena
- Tuesday, August 31, 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Information on how to register for community pop-ups can be found at www.hnhu.org/popup. All pop-ups also accept walk-ins.
For more information on the local vaccine rollout, visit HNHU.org/covax.