Statistics for residents 5 and older
Vaccine doses administered so far: 199, 804 doses
Number of people fully vaccinated: 66, 978
Proportion of local population 5+ with at least 1 dose: 81.7%
Proportion of local population 5+ fully vaccinated: 78.7%
- The HNHU and its partners have administered nearly 200 000 COVID-19 vaccine doses to date. The population over the age of five is now 81.7% vaccinated with at least one dose and 78.7% fully vaccinated. Almost 53% of adults aged 18+ have received their booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Appointments for first, second, and booster doses are available across the two counties and across various channels, including public health clinics, hospital clinics, primary care, pharmacies, and pop-ups like the GO-VAXX bus. Appointments can be booked at www.hnhu.org/popup.
- The HNHU has a supply of Moderna, Pfizer, and pediatric Pfizer to support all individuals ages 5 and over to receive the vaccine of their choice. Small amounts of the Johnson and Johnson (J&J) or AstraZeneca (AZ) vaccines are also available by request to the vaccine hotline at [email protected].
- There are a large number of appointments available on the HNHU booking tool across each of the site locations. Moreover, the HNHU and Norfolk General Hospital (NGH) are pleased to be able to offer walk-ins for all eligible individuals (i.e. ages 5-years and older for any dose number) at all clinics.
- The HNHU continues to remind residents that being fully vaccinated and receiving a booster is the most effective way to protect yourself from severe COVID-19 infection, including the infection with the Omicron variant.
- 12-17-year olds are now eligible to receive their booster dose 6 months (168 days) after their second dose.
- In keeping with programming across the province, the HNHU will be offering school-based vaccine clinics in the evenings and on weekends at schools in many communities in the coming weeks. Getting children vaccinated is an important way to protect them.
- The National Advisory Committee on Immunizations (NACI) has updated their recommendation for five to 11-year-olds to strongly recommend the vaccine for this age group.
- If you have recently had COVID-19 you are still eligible for a first, second, or booster dose of vaccine. Residents should wait until they are out of isolation and symptoms have resolved to receive their next dose. The NACI recommendation for the COVID-19 vaccine after COVID-19 infection is to wait up to three months after infection to receive the next dose.
Mass Clinics and Pop-Up Clinics
- Norfolk General Hospital vaccine clinic continues to remain open Monday to Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. with some evening options throughout March.
- Several pop-up clinics will be hosted in the month of March at various locations including libraries, schools, and other community sites.
- Appointments continue to be posted at hnhu.org/popup.
- Walk-ins will be accepted at all locations for individuals 5+.
- GO-VAXX will be offering indoor pop-up clinics at the Dunnville Lifespan Centre on Friday, March 4th between the hours of 10 a.m. and 6 p.m., and on Friday, March 11th between the hours of 10 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- GO-VAXX will be offering an indoor pop-up clinic at Lakewood Elementary School, in Port Dover on Saturday, March 5th between the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Appointments can be booked for GO-VAXX indoor pop-ups at hnhu.org/popup. Pfizer and Pediatric Pfizer will be available. Walk-ins welcome.
- The GO-VAXX bus will be hosting clinics across Haldimand and Norfolk counties for the month of March. Appointments can be booked for GO-VAXX bus clinics at ontario.ca/bookvaccine and are posted 4 days prior to the clinic. Pfizer and Pediatric Pfizer will be available. Walk-ins welcome.
- Saturday, March 5th at Caledonia Zehrs between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Saturday, March 12th at Houghton Public School between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Saturday, March 19th at Dunnville Food Basics between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Saturday, March 19th at Teeterville Public School between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Saturday, March 26th at Cayuga Memorial Arena between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Saturday, March 26th at Walsh Public School between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.