Vaccine doses administered so far: 147,095 doses
Number of people completely vaccinated: 64,831
Proportion of local population 12+ population with at least 1 dose: 87.5%
Proportion of local population 12+ population fully vaccinated: 84.5%
- The Health Unit and its partners have now administered over 147,000 doses of vaccine. 84.5% of the population over the age of 12 years are now fully vaccinated – and 87.5% have received at least one dose.
- Boosters are now available and should be booked when individuals come eligible. Data demonstrates a waning in efficiency at the 6-month mark and the third dose will provide additional coverage to eligible populations. Book now before appointments are not available.
- Current third dose eligibility is as follows: Residents over the age of 70 (Born in 1951 or earlier); Individuals who received a complete series of a viral vector vaccine i.e. two doses of AstraZeneca or one dose of Janssen; First Nation, Inuit, and Metis adults and their non-Indigenous household members; Health care workers and designated essential caregivers. The full list can be found here.
- The HNHU is expecting children’s vaccinations to be approved by Health Canada in the coming weeks. As information comes available we will share that out more broadly with the community.
- Additional pop-ups continue to be added across both counties. Pop-ups offer both first and second doses by appointment or walk-in. For third doses, please schedule an appointment.
- The HNHU clinics are primarily offering Pfizer at this time. If you are seeking Moderna, please contact your family physician or one of the following pharmacies for a dose. Moderna doses can be given as first, second, or third doses to eligible individuals at any of the following pharmacies found here.
- Individuals who are unable to access a vaccine due to barriers such as transportation, identification, or accessibility or need assistance booking their third booster dose, should call 519-427-5903 or email [email protected] for assistance.
- Those seeking their vaccine receipts are reminded they can access them online at covid-19.ontario.ca/proof-covid-19-vaccination
The GO-VAXX Bus
- Saturday, November 20th – Boston Public School – 2993 Cockshutt Rd, Waterford ON
- Saturday, November 27th – Port Rowan Community Centre – 14 College Ave, Port Rowan ON
- Norfolk General Hospital (365 West St., Simcoe)
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. with walk-ins welcome for first and second doses (Pfizer only)
- As of next week, November 22, NGH will be offering daily clinics, Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Large groups and those eligible for a third dose encouraged to book online
- Vittoria Community Centre (35 Oakes Blvd., Vittoria).
- November 17 and 23. 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Pfizer only
- Dunnville Health Unit Office (117 Forest St. E., Dunnville)
- November 18 and 26. 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Appointments are recommended
- Pfizer only
- Riverside Exhibition Centre (151 Caithness St. E, Caledonia)
- November 15 and 16, November 24 and 25. 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Pfizer Only
Information such as clinic dates, and how to register for community pop-ups can be found at www.hnhu.org/popup.
For more information on the local vaccine rollout, visit HNHU.org/covax.