- Health Topics
- Substance Use and Injury Prevention
- Fall-Related Emergency Department Visits for Older Adults – Statistics in Haldimand and Norfolk
- The rate of fall-related ED visits among Haldimand and Norfolk seniors 65 years and older has increased 4.8% from 6261 per 100,000 in 2011 to 6564 per 100,000 in 2016.
- The number of fall-related ED visits among Haldimand and Norfolk seniors has increased over the past decade, likely due to the increasing population of seniors in Haldimand and Norfolk.
- From 2011 to 2016, the number and rate of ED visits due to falls increased in Haldimand and Norfolk, and the rates were greater than the Ontario rates.
Rate and Number of Fall-related ED visits, Age 65+, Haldimand and Norfolk and Ontario, 2006-2016
Source: Statistics Canada, 2016 Census of population.
For further information please contact [email protected] or 519-426-6170 Ext. 3305.