Alcohol poisoning can occur if too much alcohol is consumed too quickly:
- Alcohol poisoning is caused by drinking a lot of alcohol in a short period of time. Body is unable to metabolize the amount of alcohol that was consumed. Binge drinking is the main cause of alcohol poisoning. Symptoms are:
- Unconsciousness (passed out) or semi-conscious.
- Slow or irregular breathing.
- If someone shows the above symptoms and they have been drinking alcohol, CALL 911!
- Turn the person on their side to prevent choking if they start to vomit (aka Bacchus Maneuver)