Canada’s Guidance on Alcohol and Health recommends
- Negligible to low risk when consuming two standard drinks or fewer per week;
- moderate risk for three-to-six standard drinks per week;
- and increasingly high risk beyond six standard drinks per week.
- For more info, visit CCSA Guidance on Alcohol and Health Public Summary
Tips to help you stay on target.
- Stick to the limits you set for yourself
- Drink slowly
- Drink lots of water
- For every drink of alcohol, have one non-alcoholic drink.
- Consider low-alcohol or alcohol-free options
- Eat before and while you are drinking
- Have alcohol-free weeks and plan alcohol-free activities.