COVID-19 Enforcement and Complaints
The Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to COVID-19) Act, 2020 is the legislation that applies to the province’s response to COVID-19. The regulations include a number of infection control measures required by businesses/organizations and patrons including but not limited to mask use, social gathering limits, and businesses permitted to be open and in what capacity.
- To access these regulations, click here.
- Local restrictions could be created (by-laws, orders by MOH) in addition to the provincial requirements, which are based on local epidemiology, local health system and public health capacity.
|Complaints about Businesses
- Businesses and organizations permitted to operate and their restrictions are outlined in the Orders currently in force under the Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to COVID-19) Act.
- For inquiries and complaints regarding infection control practices within businesses inspected by the Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit such as grocery stores, restaurants, hair/nail salons, tattoo parlours, daycares, special events, seasonal farmworker housing, and public pools, please call the Environmental Health Team at 519-426-6128.
- For inquiries and complaints regarding face mask or face covering use in public spaces such as retail or hardware stores, and recreational facilities, please contact your local by-law department.
- For inquiries regarding vaccine passports, please visit here.
- Social gathering limits are set by the province using the Reopening Ontario Act and individuals are to follow
- For a social or organized gathering that is exceeding the limits, contact your local by-law department during their regular business hours or the Ontario Provincial Police using the non-emergency number 1-888-310-1122. Please do not call 911.
|Complaints for Employers
- If you have concerns about your health and safety that your employer is not addressing, you can file a complaint with the Health and Safety Contact Centre at 1-877-202-0008.
- For more questions regarding health and safety as an employee, please visit Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development website
|Travel-Related Requirements. Isolation/Quarantine
- The Canadian government’s requirement related to travel is that you shall use the ArriveCAN app to be able to provide mandatory travel information before and after your entry into Canada. This requirement falls within the Federal Quarantine Act, for more information on the ArriveCAN app, please click here or call 1-833-641-0343
Effective December 21, 2021, at 12:01 a.m. EST, the exemption from the pre-entry molecular test for Canadians taking short trips of less than 72 hours was suspended. All incoming travellers to Canada are required to present:
- a negative COVID-19 molecular test, to be performed in a country other than Canada, within 72 hours of their scheduled flight or arrival at the land border, or
- proof of a positive test result received in the previous 14 to 180 days
Ontario Provincial Police can be contacted regarding individuals that have been instructed to quarantine under the Federal Quarantine Act. If you wish to report a case of non-compliance, please call the non-emergency number 1-888-310-1122. Do not call 911
|Complaints Regarding Price Gouging
To issue a complaint or learn more about price gouging, call 1-800-889-9768 or click here.
|Questions and Concerns regarding isolation
We are here to support you. If you have questions or concerns regarding isolation please call the Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit at 519-426-6170.
|Section 22 Orders and Instructions
To view orders and instructions issued by the Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit Medical Officer of Health/Acting Medical Officer of health click here