What is a Drinking Water Hauler?
- Drinking water haulage vehicles transport potable water in a water tank fixed to a truck.
- Water Haulers supply water to homes that are serviced by cisterns or wells with unreliable water yield or unsafe water quality.
- Water Haulers may also provide water in emergency situations to municipalities, businesses, and homes when a risk to public health has been identified.
What is the Haldimand–Norfolk Health Unit’s (HNHU) Drinking Water Hauler Inspection Program?
- The HNHU inspects drinking water haulage vehicles annually to ensure operators are in compliance with the Ministry of Health and Long-term Care guidelines.
- Provincial guidelines ensure that drinking water haulage companies obtain water from approved sources and that the water is not contaminated during transport.
How can I tell if the Water Hauler that delivers my water has been inspected?
- Companies that have been inspected and are in good standing with the HNHU requirements will be listed on this webpage.
- Inspected vehicles will also have a sticker from the HNHU that will be updated each year, with their annual inspection. The year is displayed on the sticker.
- If a vehicle does not have a sticker and is not listed below, it has either not been inspected by the HNHU or did not meet inspection standards.
If you any questions about the Drinking Water Hauler Inspection program please contact the HNHU at 519-426-6170 or 905-318-6623 to speak with a Public Health Inspector.
Local Drinking Water Haulers that have been inspected and are in good standing with the Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit’s program requirements:
|A1 Water Haulage
Cam The Water Man
H2O To Go – V.P.’s Water Service
Norm’s Water Haulage
Schweyer’s Water Haulage
Tietz Water Haulage
Trickett’s Water Service
Wayne’s Water Wagon
Water hauler list last updated December 2017.