As businesses begin to open up, it is important COVID-19 precautions are planned for and implemented when operating to protect both your staff and the public. Click here for provincial guidance on workplace health and safety for COVID-19.
Please note, the HNHU may in future require additional measures for businesses operating in Haldimand and Norfolk. These additions would pertain to the areas and services where the public is admitted and/or there is public interaction with staff and will be posted as appropriate.
Regarding provincial rules, employees and employers seeking further direction on occupational health and safety measures should consult the Ministry of Labour.
*If an employee has had recent travel (within 14 days) internationally (outside of Canada) they are directed to self-isolate and self-monitor for 14 days after their return (14 days since they came back).
Is your employee presenting with the following symptoms:
- Fever, and/or onset of cough, or difficulty breathing
AND any of the following:
- International travel (anywhere outside of Canada) within 14 days
- Close contact with a confirmed positive case of COVID 19
- Close contact with a probable case of COVID-19 who has travelled internationally and is awaiting a test result
- Close contact with a person with acute respiratory illness who has travelled outside of Canada
If they answered yes to 1 AND one of the following: 2, 3, 4, or 5 please supply your employee with the following details:
- Go home immediately to self-isolate. (Click here for a link to a resource to provide to your employee for directions on how to self-isolate.)
- Upon returning home, call your local health unit to determine if you are eligible for testing. Residents within Haldimand County or Norfolk County are directed to call Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit’s COVID19 hotline at 519-426-6170 EXT 9999. Please remember we are experiencing a high volume of calls, however, a healthcare professional will get back to you as soon as possible.
If they answered yes to only 1:
- As a general health guideline, the employee should go home and rest up while monitoring their symptoms. It is recommended they do not return to work until they are 24 hours symptom-free.
If you, as an employer, have any questions/inquiries related or regarding Food Premises, Migrant Farms, Special events, Personal Service Settings, Child care centers or workplaces (non- health care setting) please call the Environmental Health Team (EHT) hotline at 519-426-6128.