Healthy Babies, Healthy Children Program
The Healthy Babies Healthy Children program is a free, voluntary home visiting program for families, from pregnancy until the child goes to school. The program supports pregnant moms, their partners, and their families.
The public health nurse may introduce a family home visitor as part of the program. They are experienced parents who have special training to help families. Public health nurses can provide telephone support or home visits to help you learn about the following:
- Having a healthy pregnancy and birth
- Connecting with your baby
- How children grow and develop as well as what you can do to help
- Being a parent
- Breastfeeding, infant feeding, and healthy eating
- Taking care of yourself and your family
- Other services available to you and your child in the community
For many parents, having a baby can be an exciting yet challenging time. Parents may have questions or need help adjusting to their life with a new baby. The Healthy Babies Healthy Children Program can provide reassurance and guidance.
To speak to a Public Health Nurse, call: 519.426.6170 or 905.318.6623 Ext. 3250
Learn about the support available while you are pregnant/ after your baby is born and as your child grows.