- Respond to the Shifting Needs of the COVID-19 Pandemic Response
- Build Back Better
- Foster a Positive Workplace Culture and Support Staff Engagement
- STRATEGIC PRIORITY: COMMUNICATION
- STRATEGIC PRIORITY: HEALTHY, SUPPORTIVE ENVIRONMENTS
- STRATEGIC PRIORITY: ORGANIZATIONAL STRENGTH
- STRATEGIC PRIORITY: QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE
Influenza has been with us for centuries. It causes severe illness and death every winter in North America, attacking the elderly and the debilitated with particular ferocity. Every winter, outbreaks of influenza in hospitals and longterm care homes require public health resources to control the spread and minimize the impact of influenza.
The first draft of the Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit Influenza Pandemic Plan (2010) is the first formal pandemic plan developed by the Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit (HNHU). It was developed in accordance with the Ontario Health Plan for an Influenza Pandemic (OHPIP).