- News & Events
- The Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit Releases New Strategic Plan for 2016-2020
SIMCOE, March 2016 – The Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit (HNHU) today released a new strategic plan for 2016-2020: Building Healthy, Vibrant, Caring Communities for All. This plan will ensure the HNHU remains well positioned to continue its work in supporting its vision of healthy vibrant and caring communities for everyone. Developed after hearing from staff, senior management and outside consultants, the plan will help direct the HNHU in offering quality, equitable programs and services that optimize the public’s health.
“This plan is the result of contributions from many sources,” said Jill Steen, manager of public health at the HNHU. “This vision is a shared one and we can’t achieve it alone. We’re grateful to all who contributed their time and perspectives.”
The plan focuses on four strategic priorities that will help guide the HNHU over the next five years as it pursues its mission of boldly advocating for public health through quality prevention, promotion and protection programs and services. These priorities are:
- Communication- To increase the profile and understanding of public health.
- Healthy, Supportive Environments- To advocate for, and support the development of, environments that encourage and facilitate health.
- Organizational Strength- To be an effective organization where employees feel valued and engaged.
- Quality and Performance- To ensure quality and efficiency in all programs and services.
“We are confident this strategic plan will guide the Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit in offering quality, equitable programs and services that optimize the public’s health,” said Dr. Malcolm Lock, medical officer of health for the HNHU. “We look forward to collaborating with our communities and partners as, together, we build a stronger, healthier, more vibrant community for all.”
Over the next five years, the HNHU will evaluate its progress in meeting the objectives laid out in the strategic plan, which will be open to refinements should new challenges and opportunities in public health and in Haldimand and Norfolk counties present themselves.
Manager, Public Health
Phone: 519.426.6170, Ext. 3218
Email: [email protected]