Statistics for residents 5 and older
Vaccine doses administered so far: 202, 076 doses
Number of people fully vaccinated: 67,271
Proportion of local population 5+ with at least 1 dose: 81.9%
Proportion of local population 5+ fully vaccinated: 79.1%
- Individuals who are 60 years of age and older and Indigenous persons and their household members over the age of 18 years are now eligible for an additional (i.e. fourth) booster dose. Booster doses for these groups are recommended at an interval of five months (140 days) after the previous dose but can be received at a minimum interval of three months (84 days).
- The population over the age of five is now 81.9% vaccinated with at least one dose and 79.1% fully vaccinated. Over 54% of adults aged 18+ have received their booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- The HNHU continues to offer a series of vaccine clinics in libraries across Haldimand and Norfolk counties. These familiar and comfortable spaces are a convenient and easy way for individuals of any age to receive a COVID-19 vaccine dose. Individuals can book an appointment for any dose number that they are eligible for at these clinics.
- The HNHU is pleased to offer new clinic locations at the Simcoe Health Unit and Dunnville Health Unit. These clinics will begin this month.
- 12 to 17-year-olds are eligible to receive their booster dose 6 months (168 days) after their second dose.
- Appointments for first, second, and booster doses are available across the two counties and across various channels, including public health clinics, hospital clinics, primary care, pharmacies, and pop-ups like the GO-VAXX bus. Appointments can be booked at www.hnhu.org/popup.
- The HNHU has a supply of Moderna, Pfizer, and pediatric Pfizer to support all individuals ages 5 and over to receive the vaccine of their choice. Novavax has arrived in Haldimand and Norfolk and is available to interested residents by appointment only. To request Novavax, please contact the Vaccine Hotline at [email protected] or 519-427-5903
- Walk-ins for first and second doses are still available to eligible individuals at all clinics; however, walk-ins cannot be accepted for booster doses at this time.
- The HNHU continues to remind residents that being up to date on COVID-19 vaccines is the most effective way to protect yourself from severe COVID-19 infection, including infection with the Omicron variant.
- The National Advisory Committee on Immunizations (NACI) has updated its recommendation for five to 11-year-olds to strongly recommend the vaccine for this age group. Getting children vaccinated is an important way to protect them. Children can book an appointment and the schedule can be found on the booking tool at www.hnhu.org/popup.
- If you have recently had COVID-19 you are still eligible for a first, second, or booster dose of the vaccine. Residents should wait until they are out of isolation and symptoms have resolved to receive their next dose. The NACI recommendation for the COVID-19 vaccine after COVID-19 infection is to wait up to three months after infection to receive the next dose.
Mass Clinics and Pop-Up Clinics
- Norfolk General Hospital vaccine clinic continues to remain open Monday to Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. with some evening options.
- Several clinics will be hosted at the Simcoe Health Unit, Dunnville Health Unit, and at the libraries in Caledonia and Delhi throughout April.
- Appointments continue to be posted at hnhu.org/popup.
GO-VAXX Bus Clinics
- The GO-VAXX bus will be hosting clinics across Haldimand and Norfolk counties for the month of April. Appointments can be booked for GO-VAXX bus clinics at ontario.ca/bookvaccine and are posted 4 days prior to the clinic. Pfizer and Pediatric Pfizer will be available. Walk-ins welcome.
- Saturday, April 16th at Hagersville No Frills between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 20 at Culver Street Parking Lot in Simcoe between 12 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- Saturday, April 23 at Main Street Parking Lot in Port Dover between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Saturday, April 30th at Dunnville Food Basics between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.