Vaccine doses administered: 143,147
Number of people fully vaccinated (12+): 63,835
Proportion of local population 12+ with at least one dose: 85.7%
Proportion of local population 12+ fully vaccinated: 81.3%
- COVID-19 vaccine team and all our community partners have now administered over 143,147 doses of vaccine, accounting for over 81.3% of the population over the age of 12 being fully vaccinated.
- Additional clinics are being planned throughout the next few weeks and into November, as there is an expectation that third dose (“booster”) eligibility may be expanded by the province as early as the first week of November.
- Currently, eligible cohorts for the third dose (long-term care, retirement home, specific high-risk medical conditions) are being administered in cooperation with our partners.
- Any further provincial guidance about third doses, specifications of eligibility (age, employment, medical condition), or new vaccine approval for those aged 5 to 11 will be shared with the community as soon as possible.
- The seasonal influenza vaccine has arrived and is being circulated to family physicians and pharmacies across Ontario. The HNHU recommends everyone eligible get a flu shot as soon as they can. Note that co-administration of the flu vaccine with a COVID-19 vaccine is authorized.
- Those seeking their enhanced vaccine receipt with the new QR code can access them online at www.covid-19.ontario.ca/proof-covid-19-vaccination. Those unable to access it for themselves can call the Ministry at 1-833-943-3900 to have a copy mailed to them.
- The GO-VAXX bus was at Port Dover’s Tim Hortons on Saturday – delivered more than 30 doses, about 50% of which were first doses.
- Norfolk General Hospital (365 West St. Simcoe) – Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. (walk-ins welcome 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.) – large groups encouraged to book online *Pfizer only*
- Vittoria Community Centre (35 Oakes Blvd., Vittoria) – Tuesdays October 19 and 26 from 10:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. *Pfizer and Moderna available*
- Dunnville Health Unit Office (117 Forest Street East, Dunnville) – Thursdays October 21 and 28 from 10:30 a.m. to 5:30 pm *Pfizer and Moderna available*
- NEW – Jarvis Community Centre (18 James Street, Jarvis) – Wednesday, October 27, from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. *Pfizer and Moderna available*
For information such as clinic dates, and how to register for community pop-ups can be found at www.hnhu.org/popup.