Community Vaccine Update: October 25, 2021
Vaccine doses administered so far: 144,699 doses
Number of people completely vaccinated: > 64,200
Proportion of local population 12+ population with at least 1 dose: 86.7%
Proportion of local population 12+ population fully vaccinated: 82.8%
- The Health Unit and its partners have now administered 144,699 doses of vaccine. 82.8% of the population over the age of 12 years are now fully vaccinated – and 86.7% have received at least one dose.
- Youth aged 12 to 17 are 67% vaccinated with at least one dose administered.
- All long-term care and retirement homes across both counties have received their third “booster” doses.
- Individuals who are unable to access a vaccine due to barriers such as transportation, identification, or accessibility should call 519-427-5903 or email [email protected] for assistance.
- Those seeking their vaccine receipts are reminded they can access them online at covid-19.ontario.ca/proof-covid-19-vaccination and now include the enhanced receipt with QR code.
Focusing on Pregnancy
- Ministry of Health and Public Health Ontario are currently focusing on encouraging women who are pregnant, or trying to become pregnant, to protect themselves and their families by getting vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Discussions and information releases about health risks to pregnant women if they contract COVID-19 and reinforcing the safety and efficacy of the current COVID-19 vaccines in preventing severe symptoms and mortality are forthcoming throughout the week.
The GO-VAXX Bus
- Langton Community Centre parking lot – Wednesday, November 3 – stay tuned for details
- Simcoe Argyle Street/Pond Street parking lot – Thursday, November 4 – stay tuned for details
- Norfolk General Hospital (365 West St., Simcoe)
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. with walk-ins welcome (Pfizer only)
- Large groups encouraged to book online
- Vittoria Community Centre (35 Oakes Blvd., Vittoria).
- Tuesday, October 26 10:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. (Pfizer/Moderna)
- Dunnville Health Unit Office (117 Forest St. E., Dunnville)
- Thursday, October 28, 10:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. (Pfizer only)
- Appointments are recommended
- Caledonia Fairground (151 Caithness St., E., Caledonia)
- Starting in early November
Information such as clinic dates, and how to register for community clinics can be found at www.hnhu.org/popup.
For more information on the local vaccine rollout, visit HNHU.org/covax.