Vaccine doses administered so far: > 125,000
Number of people completely vaccinated: 53,400
Proportion of local population with at least one dose: 76.0%
Proportion of local population fully vaccinated: 68.5%
SIMCOE, ON – The vaccination team is very pleased to announce the success of their first Fire Hall Clinics. First doses and walk-ins were seen at both locations. As a result, additional dates, and locations have been added. Courtland Fire Hall will run August 17; Jarvis Fire Hall, August 19; Lowbanks, August 24; and Port Rowan on August 26. Each clinic will run 4 to 8 p.m., with walk-ins welcome from 4 to 7 p.m. There will also be a clinic at the Hagersville Fire Hall on August 10, which was part of the original campaign.
- The Health Unit and its partners have now administered over 125,000 doses of vaccine. 68.5% of adults over the age of 18 are now fully vaccinated. 94% of adults over 80 are now fully vaccinated and approximately 46.5% of youth 12-17 years old have received at least their first dose of vaccine.
- While rates of vaccination are slowing, they have not stopped.
- Since June 1, 100% of hospitalizations have been among those individuals who are unvaccinated, and all patients have had a variant of concern.
- The Delhi Clinic is now closed, and the Vittoria Clinic will be reopening on Wednesday, August 11, from 12 to 8 p.m. with walk-ins welcome from 12 to 7 p.m. at the Vittoria Community Centre.
How to receive your vaccine:
- Information on how to register for community pop-ups can be found at hnhu.org/popup.
- Norfolk General Hospital continues to offer walk-ins for first doses Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., excluding Friday the 13th.
- Youth pop-ups to offer first or second doses are being held the weeks of August 16 and 23. These clinics have been expanded to include the community, not only youth. Register at hnhu.org/popup.
Individuals who are unable to access a vaccination clinic due to transportation barriers are reminded that they may contact [email protected] to request assistance.
For more information on the local vaccine rollout, visit HNHU.org/covax.