- News & Events
- Community Vaccine Update
- Community Vaccine Update: August 16, 2021
News & Events
Community Vaccine Update: August 16, 2021
Vaccine doses administered so far: > 127,000
Number of people completely vaccinated: 55,000
Proportion of local population 18+ with at least one dose: 76.5%
Proportion of local population 18+ fully vaccinated: 69.7%
- The Health Unit and its partners have now administered over 127,000 doses of vaccine. 69.7% of adults over the age of 18 years are now fully vaccinated. 94% of adults over 80 years are now fully vaccinated and approximately 47.6% of youth 12-17 years old have received at least their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine.
- Vaccination rates continue to grow at a slower rate. However, vaccination rates are still increasing and the Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit recognizes the importance of continuing to reach those who have not yet received their first or second doses.
- It is essential for the public to receive a full series of vaccinations. Everyone over the age of 12 may receive their second dose 28 days after their first.
Upcoming pop-up Clinics:
Fire Hall Clinics
- Courtland– Tuesday, August 17, 4-7 p.m. (Pfizer/Moderna)
- Jarvis– Thursday, August 19, 4-7 p.m. (Pfizer/Moderna)
- Lowbanks– Tuesday, August 24, 4-7 p.m. (Pfizer/Moderna)
- Port Rowan– Thursday, August 26, 4-7 p.m. (Pfizer/Moderna)
- Dunnville Secondary School – Wednesday, August 18, 4-7 p.m. (Pfizer/Moderna)
- Talbot Gardens Arena – Monday, August 23, 3-6 p.m. (Pfizer/Moderna)
- Norfolk General Hospital
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. with walk-ins welcome from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Pfizer only)
- Vittoria Community Centre – Wednesday, August 18, 12-7 p.m. (Pfizer/Moderna)
- Cayuga Memorial Arena
- Tuesday, August 17, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 31, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Pfizer/Moderna)
Information on how to register for community pop-ups can be found at www.hnhu.org/popup.
Individuals who are unable to access a vaccination clinic due to transportation barriers are reminded that they may contact [email protected] to request assistance.
For more information on the local vaccine rollout, visit HNHU.org/covax.