Vaccine doses administered so far: 129,000 doses locally administered
Number of people completely vaccinated: 55,000
The proportion of local population 18+ with at least one dose: 77.2%
The proportion of local population 18+ fully vaccinated: 71%
- The HNHU has administered over 129,000 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine
- Over 1,900 doses were administered in the most recent 7 days.
- Output is slowing- indicating that most who were eager to be vaccinated have been reached. Now we shift focus to education and accessibility for those who are unsure but may still wish to be vaccinated.
- Approximately 57,000 second doses have been administered locally (1,700 in the past week)
- According to the province, approximately 77.2% of HN residents have been vaccinated. Up 0.6% from 76.6% last Monday. Similarly, over 71.0% of the population is estimated to be fully vaccinated.
- Approximately 49.6% of youth 12-17 years old have received their first dose of vaccine. (up 2%)
- Two doses of the vaccine offer the best protection against the Delta variant
- Booster doses- with the recent provincial announcement about third shots, the HNHU is working on details and that information will be coming soon.
Upcoming pop-up clinics:
Fire Hall Clinics
- Lowbanks– Tuesday, August 24, 4-7 p.m. (Pfizer/Moderna)
- Port Rowan– Thursday, August 26, 4-7 p.m. (Pfizer/Moderna)
Community Pop-Up Clinics
- Talbot Gardens Arena – Monday, August 23, 3-6 p.m. (Pfizer/Moderna)
- Norfolk General Hospital-Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. with walk-ins welcome from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Pfizer only)
- Vittoria Community Centre – Wednesday, August 18, 12-7 p.m. (Pfizer/Moderna
- Cayuga Memorial Arena -Tuesday, August 31, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Pfizer/Moderna)
- On days when there is a clinic running, a standby list for day-of appointments is available at www.hnhu.org/standby.
- Information on how to register for community pop-ups can be found at www.hnhu.org/popup.
- Individuals who are unable to access a vaccination clinic due to transportation barriers are reminded that they may contact [email protected] to request assistance.
- For more information on the local vaccine rollout, visit HNHU.org/covax.