Statistics for residents 5 and older
Vaccine doses administered so far: 196,329 doses
Number of people completely vaccinated: 66,428
Proportion of local population 5+ population with at least 1 dose: 81.5%
Proportion of local population 5+ population fully vaccinated: 77.9%
- The HNHU and its partners have administered over 196,000 COVID-19 vaccine doses to date. The population over the age of five is now 81.5% vaccinated with at least one dose and 77.9% fully vaccinated.
- As supply stabilized provincially, the HNHU has expanded its capacity for Pfizer vaccine appointments. Appointments are available across the two counties and across various channels, including public health clinics, hospital clinics, primary care, pharmacies, and pop-ups like the GO-VAXX bus. Appointments can be booked at hnhu.org/popup.
- The HNHU has a supply of Moderna, Pfizer, and pediatric Pfizer to support all individuals ages 5 and over to receive the vaccine of their choice. Small amounts of the Johnson and Johnson (J&J) vaccine are also available by request to the vaccine hotline at [email protected].
- Currently, there are a large number of appointments available on the HNHU booking tool.
- The HNHU continues to remind residents that being fully vaccinated and receiving a booster is the most effective way to protect yourself from severe COVID-19 infection, including the infection with the Omicron variant.
- The five-11-year-old population in HNHU is 38.5% vaccinated with at least one dose, up slightly from last week. Following requests from the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Health, the HNHU will be offering school-based vaccine clinics. Getting children vaccinated is an important way to protect them.
- The National Advisory Committee on Immunizations (NACI) has updated their recommendation for five-11-year-old to “strongly recommend” the vaccine for this age group.
- If you have recently had COVID-19 you are still eligible for a first, second, or booster dose of vaccine. Residents should wait until they are out of isolation and symptoms have resolved to receive their next dose. The NACI recommendation for the COVID-19 vaccine after COVID-19 infection is to wait up to three months after infection to receive the next dose.
- Walk-ins will now be accepted at all health unit and hospital-based clinics offering for individuals ages 12 and older. This includes clinics at NGH from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m., and clinics at the Simcoe Recreation Centre and the Riverside Exhibition Centre. Walk-ins for five-11-year-olds are now allowed at pediatric clinics offering the pediatric vaccine.
GO-VAXX Indoor Clinics
- GO-VAXX will be offering pop-up indoor clinics at Dunnville Lifespan on Fridays in February on the 11th, 18th, and 25th. Appointments can be booked for indoor pop-ups at hnhu.org/popup.
- A clinic will be hosted at Lakewood Elementary School in Port Dover on Saturday, February 12th between the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- A clinic will be hosted at Selkirk Community Centre on Monday, February 14th between the hours of 12 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- A clinic will be hosted at Cayuga Secondary School on Saturday, February 19th between the hours of 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Children’s vaccine clinics will be held in a variety of locations and are available for booking at hnhu.org/popup. HNHU is now accepting walk-ins for individuals aged five to 11 at children’s clinics.
- Tuesday, February 8th, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Haldimand Family Health Team – Caledonia
- Friday, February 11th, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. – 95 Culver St., Simcoe (Norfolk County Office)
- Friday, February 11th, 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. – Langton Elementary School – Langton
Mass Clinics (12+)
- Several appointments at different locations across the counties are available online.
- Appointments continue to be posted at hnhu.org/popup
- Clinics at NGH, Simcoe Recreation Centre, and Riverside Exhibition Centre will now be accepting walk-ins for individuals 12+.
- HNHU will be leaving the Simcoe Recreation Center this week and returning to the Vittoria District Community Center on Tuesday, February 15th.
- Doses for individuals over the age of 12 can also be received by booking with family physicians and pharmacies.