Community Vaccine Update – May 17, 2021
- Vaccine doses administered so far: 48,102
- Number of people completely vaccinated: 5,102
Status updates and eligibility information:
- Today, the Province announced that all adults 18+ will become eligible to receive a vaccine as of Tuesday, May 18, 2021. All individuals 18+ and previous priority groups are encouraged to book a vaccine using the provincial booking tool.
- With eligibility rapidly expanding, there is an increased demand for vaccine appointments. The Health Unit has requested additional doses from the Province in order to meet these demands and expedite community rollout. Clinics continue to run at capacity, and appointments are being added as vaccine supply is received.
- If there are no appointments open, eligible individuals are encouraged to add their name to the waitlist for potential end-of-day appointments (due to cancellations, no shows, etc). This consolidated waitlist is now open to all individuals 18+; previous waitlists are now closed. Please add your name to the new waitlist if you have not yet booked an appointment.
- Individuals who received their first dose of vaccine prior to April 20 are currently being contacted by the Health Unit to schedule second dose appointments. Second doses are being booked by date of first dose, not by age or group, to ensure they are administered within the 16-week (112 day) timeframe established by the province.
- If you have not received a phone call from the Health Unit and it is more than 90 days after your first dose, please call the vaccine hotline at 519-427-5903 and leave a message for follow-up.
- Individuals who are eligible but who have not received a vaccine due to transportation issues may reach out to the HNHU via email ([email protected]) or phone (519-427-5903) to request assistance. These services are reserved for individuals where transportation has been a barrier to receiving a vaccination.
Vaccines for youth 12+:
- The province is finalizing plans to administer both doses of vaccine to youth aged 12 to 17. The province anticipates these vaccinations for youth will be offered from mid-June to the end of August, in collaboration with school boards and other partners. More information will be provided once details are confirmed.
For more information about vaccine rollout in Haldimand and Norfolk counties, visit HNHU.org/covax.