Number of doses administered: 41,739
Number of people fully vaccinated: 4,919
- The Health Unit is currently vaccinating eligible individuals in Phase 2 of the province’s rollout framework. Current eligibility details can be found at hnhu.org/covax-eligible.
- The 40,000th dose of COVID-19 vaccine was administered in the health district earlier this week. The Health Unit is grateful to its many partners for their continued support and dedication. Clinics continue to run at capacity, and more are being added as vaccine supply is received.
- The Health Unit is transitioning to the Provincial Vaccine Appointment Booking system (VAB). All appointments from May 19 onward may be booked using the provincial tool. Appointments leading up to May 19 may be booked through the Health Unit’s online booking tool.
Eligibility updates and waitlist information:
- Essential workers in Group 1 are currently eligible to book online now at hnhu.org/covid19vaccine or at www.covid-19.ontario.ca/book-vaccine/ (for appointments May 19 or later). If appointments are not available, they may add their name to the waitlist for potential end-of-day appointments (due to cancellations, no shows, etc). To sign up, visit www.hnhu.org/waitlistessential.
- Essential workers in Group 2 of the Province’s rollout framework may also add their names to the essential worker waitlist. Essential workers in Group 2 will become eligible to book online as of May 10.
- Individuals with at-risk health conditions are encouraged to add their names to the at-risk condition waitlist at hnhu.org/vaccinewaitlist. Patients with at-risk health conditions will become eligible to book online as of May 10.
- Individuals aged 40 and above will become eligible to book online as of May 10.
Individuals who wish to receive vaccine eligibility information and updates via e-mail are encouraged to sign up at www.hnhu.org/news-events.
For more information about vaccine rollout in Haldimand and Norfolk counties, visit www.hnhu.org/covax.