Community Vaccine Update: September 20, 2021
Vaccine doses administered so far: 136,700 doses
Number of people completely vaccinated: ~61,000
Proportion of local population 12+ population with at least 1 dose: 82.0%
Proportion of local population 12+ population fully vaccinated: 75.8%
- The Health Unit and its partners have now administered over 136,700 doses of vaccine. 75.8% of population over the age of 12 years are now fully vaccinated – and 82.0% have received at least one dose. 96% of adults over 80 years are now fully vaccinated. Over 60% of youth 12-17 years old have received their first dose of vaccine
- Additional pop-ups continue to be added across both counties. Pop-ups offer both first and second doses by appointment or walk-in.
- The Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit worked with the long-term care homes (LTCH) and high-risk retirement homes to administer 3rd doses to residents. One home remains due to a recent power outage.
- Individuals who are unable to access a vaccine due to barriers such as transportation, identification, or accessibility should call 519-427-5903 or email [email protected] for assistance.
- It is essential for the public to receive a full series of vaccinations. Everyone over the age of 12 years may receive their second dose 28 days after their first.
- 7% of cases in the last 3 months have occurred among unvaccinated or partially vaccinated residents. Cases amongst vaccinated residents have been largely asymptomatic.
- Eligible community members for 3rd doses are being asked to contact their physician or specialist if they qualify and complete a 3rd dose referral form or receive their dose in that physician’s office.
Upcoming pop-up Clinics:
Clinics are open for students from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. and open for the public from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. All clinics administer the Pfizer vaccine. For the public times, please book an appointment ahead of time by visiting hnhu.org/popup. No walk-ins are permitted during the 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. portion of the school clinics.
- Delhi District Secondary School (393 James St, Delhi)
- Tuesday, September 21st
- Cayuga Secondary School (70 Hwy 54, Cayuga)
- Wednesday, September 22nd
- Simcoe Composite School (40 Wilson Dr, Simcoe)
- Thursday, September 23rd
- Valley Heights Secondary School (2561 Hwy 59 S, Langton)
- Thursday, September 23rd
- McKinnon Park Secondary School (91 Haddington St, Caledonia)
- Friday, September 24th
Fire Hall Clinics
- Lowbanks (2633 N Shore Dr., Lowbanks)
- Tuesday, September 21st, 4-7 p.m. (Pfizer. Moderna, if requested.)
- Norfolk General Hospital
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. with walk-ins welcome (Pfizer only)
- Vittoria Community Centre (35 Oakes Blvd., Vittoria).
- Wednesday, September 22nd, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (Pfizer/Moderna)
Information such as clinic dates, and how to register for community pop-ups can be found at www.hnhu.org/popup. All pop-ups also accept walk-ins— no walk-ins are permitted during the 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. portion of the school clinics.
For more information on the local vaccine rollout, visit HNHU.org/covax.