Skip to Main Content Health Care Professionals Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit Search

Sharps (needles)


Disposal kiosks

There are now sharps disposal kiosks around Haldimand and Norfolk counties. These can be used by people who do not want to bring sharps containers/needles into health unit offices, pharmacies, or people who cannot or do not want to come by during office hours. The kiosks will take loose needles or needles in containers (such as sharps containers, pop bottles, or bleach containers). There are kiosks at the following locations:


HNHU-Simcoe (GAB), 12 Gilbertson Drive, Simcoe

HNHU-Caledonia, 100 Haddington St, Caledonia

HNHU-Dunnville, 117 Forest Street East, Dunnville

Haldimand OPP, 72 Haldimand County Highway 54, Cayuga

180 Queen Street (alley beside Dollarama), Dunnville

Norfolk OPP, 548 Queensway West, Simcoe
50 Colborne Street South, Simcoe (outside Simcoe Library/CAB)
83 Sydenham Street, Simcoe (behind former LCBO)
Delhi Administration Office (DAB), 183 Main Street, Delhi



For more on sharps disposal kiosks, click here.

Safe Needle Disposal


Finding needles

Private property

If needles are found on your private property, you can pick up a safe sharps disposal kit for free from any Health Unit office. These include sharps containers, gloves, tongs, and instructions on how to safely pick up needles. You can then drop off the sharps container at any sharps disposal kiosk, pharmacy, or Health Unit office. If needles are found on a business’ private property, it is the responsibility of the business to dispose of the needle.

Public property

If needles are found on public property, please contact ServiceNorfolk at 519-426-5870 extension 0 or 4636 (INFO) or Haldimand County Public Works Department at (905) 318-5932.

If you find needles after 4:30 p.m. on a weekday or on a weekend, contact the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) to inform them of the incident and arrange a pick up of the needle(s) at *677 from a cellular device or 1-888-340-1122. Do not dial 911.

Anonymous online reporting

You can report needles that you find in the community anonymously to HNHU. This information is collected for surveillance and harm reduction planning purposes. Needles reported through this form will not necessarily be picked up by HNHU staff. Contact either Norfolk County Public Works and Environmental Services, Haldimand County Public Works Department, or the OPP if the needle is on public property. Report needles here.