- Injury Prevention and Safety
Lesson Plans and Activities
- Lesson plans and teaching materials for K-12, broken down by division
- Covers areas such as pedestrian safety, road safety, bike safety, bus safety, impaired driving, distracted driving, etc.
- Provides steps, links and tools for youth who have been negatively impacted by a sexual picture/video being shared by peers.
- Offers information for parents on ways to talk to their teen about sexting, and also provides information on what to do if their child is negatively impacted by peers sharing a sexual picture or video.
- Parachute is a national, charitable organization that is a Canadian leader in injury prevention. Topic areas include helmets, concussions, water safety, playground safety, etc. (All Ages)
- These Safety Guidelines for teachers and coaches are divided into Elementary and Secondary levels, each containing three separate modules: Curricular, Interschool and Intermural. (All Ages)
- This site provides credible information on the state of concussion care in Ontario and management tools and resources. (All ages)
- A guide that provides the basic concepts of injury risk reduction for sport and physical activity. This is an introduction where organizations and sport teams can begin to look at prevention of injury. ( All Ages)
- The Canadian Safety Council provides leadership in safety through information, education and collaboration. Topic areas range from bicycle and sun safety to cyber bullying and more. (All Ages)