- Mental Health Promotion
Lesson Plans and Activities
- A social and emotional learning program for the classroom
- Uses 15 short lessons to offer easy strategies for helping students focus their attention, improve their self-regulation skills, build resilience to stress, and develop a positive mind-set in both school and life.
- Books available for review or short-term loan from Health Unit by contacting your school’s public health nurse or health promoter
- Lesson plans and activities about body image, cyber bullying, and a variety of other digital and media literacy topics.
- Developed by the Psychology Foundation of Canada
- Offers three different programs/toolkits with lesson plans for various grades
- Grade 1-3 toolkit pdf available here
- Grade 4-6 toolkit pdf available here
- Grade 7-9 toolkit pdf available here
- A free online resource that supports educators and program leaders in promoting positive mental health and overall well-being with children and youth ages 6-18.
Mental Health Kit: Be Kind To Yourself and Others
- 4-6 teacher guide
- 7-9 teacher guide
- Kits include grade-specific lessons on topics such as healthy relationships, hope, stress, body image, healthy lifestyles, cyber bullying, suicide prevention
- Also includes in-class and take home activities
- Developed by Alberta Health Services
- Includes tips for various members of the school community, fact sheets and tools for schools, bullying prevention activities, teacher handbook, etc.
- interactive youth website with information on types of mental illnesses, wellness strategies, support resources and contacts, and tools to educate and help them cope, de-stress, or start thinking about a plan for being well.
- Designed to promote positive mental health practices and perspectives within the school environment
- Discusses the components of positive mental health and how to put them into action in a school setting
- Information and contact details about services such as 24/7 crisis support line, Mental Health Workers in Schools (ROKS), Walk-in Counselling clinics, etc.
- A K-12 resource guide to provide educators with information on the early signs of mental health and addiction problems, along with strategies that can be used in the classroom to support students.
Teach Resiliency – designed to support your journey towards engagement and energy at work and school and building healthy futures for yourselves and your students