- Mental Health Promotion
Mental Health Promotion
Lesson Plans and Activities
- A social and emotional learning program for the classroom
- Uses 15 short lessons to offer easy strategies for helping students focus their attention, improve their self-regulation skills, build resilience to stress, and develop a positive mindset in both school and life.
- Books available for review or short-term loan from Health Unit by contacting your school’s public health nurse or health promoter
- Lesson plans and activities about body image, cyberbullying, and a variety of other digital and media literacy topics.
PREV/Net – What Educators Need to Know about Bullying
- Includes tips for various members of the school community, fact sheets and tools for schools, bullying prevention activities, teacher handbook, etc.
Mind Your Mind
- interactive youth website with information on types of mental illnesses, wellness strategies, support resources and contacts, and tools to educate and help them cope, de-stress, or start thinking about a plan for being well.
- Information and contact details about services such as 24/7 crisis support line, Mental Health Workers in Schools (ROKS), Walk-in Counselling clinics, etc.
Kids Help Phone
Teacher’s Guide – Everyday practices for Mental Health and Well Being in the Classroom
Teach Resiliency – designed to support your journey towards engagement and energy at work and school and building healthy futures for yourselves and your students