There are two no-cost preventive Health Unit Dental clinic sites. At these sites, children aged 0-17 receive free dental health screening and preventive services.
Please call us to book an appointment. Children are screened and if they do not have cavities and need the care of a dentist, then they can enroll in the Healthy Smiles Ontario Preventive Services Only where they can receive the services below at no cost at the Health Unit Dental Clinics.
If a child does have an obvious concern, they can enroll in Healthy Smiles Ontario Emergency and Essential Services Stream and receive care at a dental office for one year.
At our dental clinics, we make sure your child’s teeth are developing in a healthy way. At the visit, the dental team will:
- Screen for cavities and signs of tooth decay
- Screen for healthy tooth development
- Provide tips on how to keep your child’s mouth clean and cavity-free
- Provide free fluoride treatment, cleaning and sealants if needed
- Enroll your child in Healthy Smiles Ontario Emergency and Essential Services Stream to have cavities fixed by a Dentist
- Book your child back 6 months after their appointment so that your child is regularly screened and receiving preventive services.
If your child is in dental pain or has cavities which you can easily see in their mouth, please call the Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit to book a dental screening and apply to have your child placed on the Healthy Smiles Ontario Emergency and Essential Services Stream.
To make an appointment or for more information contact the Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit at 519-426-6170 Ext. 3293 for Norfolk or 905-318-6623 Ext. 3293 for Haldimand. Email [email protected]
Dental and Immunization Evening Clinic 2023 Schedule
Location: Houghton Public School