- Public Health and Social Services cancellations
The following services provided by Public Health have been suspended until further notice:
- All clinical services, including dental clinics, sexual health clinics and quit clinics
- Home visits by Healthy Baby Healthy Children staff. Healthy Baby Healthy Children screening will continue by telephone.
- Well Baby and Breastfeeding drop-ins at Early ON Centres
- Immunization of School Pupils Act suspension has been canceled due to school closures. We will continue all vaccine storage handling requirements as well as supply vaccine to health care providers
- Environmental Health Team routine compliance inspections (seasonal housing inspections will be risk-assessed on a case-by-case basis)
- All Health Promotion activities
- Tobacco enforcement inspections
- Food handler training courses
- All external partner meetings
All case and contact management of diseases of public health significance, infection and prevention and control lapse complaints and outbreak management will continue, as will needle exchange service, naloxone distribution and 24/7 follow-up response protocols for rabies investigations, adverse water responses, etc.
- All Ontario Works life skills workshops are canceled until further notice
- Ontario Works clients are asked to call their Case Manager before coming to our offices at 12 Gilbertson Drive and 117 Forest Street East in Dunnville and we will provide assistance over the telephone for all appointments.
- Ontario Works participants do not need to submit income cards for the month of March and will still receive their monthly benefits cheque.
- If someone needs to apply for Ontario Works they are asked to call our Intake Line at 519-426-6170 or 905-318-6623, ext. 3132.
- If someone is homeless and needs emergency housing, please call our Homeless Prevention Intake at 519-426-6170 or 905-318-6623, ext. 3134.