March 17, 2020, Simcoe, ON – The COVID-19 situation has forced the suspension of a number of non-core services provided by Health and Social Services, allowing staff to focus on outbreak prevention and lowering the risk of virus spread through home visits and meetings.
The following services provided by Public Health have been suspended until further notice:
- All clinical services, including dental clinics, sexual health clinics and quit clinics
- Home visits by Healthy Baby Healthy Children staff. Healthy Baby Healthy Children screening will continue by telephone.
- Well Baby and Breastfeeding drop-ins at Early ON Centres
- Immunization of School Pupils Act suspension has been cancelled due to school closures. We will continue all vaccine storage handling requirements as well as supply vaccine to health care providers
- Environmental Health Team routine compliance inspections (seasonal housing inspections will be risk-assessed on a case-by-case basis)
- All Health Promotion activities
- Tobacco enforcement inspections
- Food handler training courses
- All external partner meetings
Vaccination clinics scheduled for April 2020 may be cancelled. An update to the community will be provided as soon as possible.
All case and contact management of diseases of public health significance, infection and prevention and control lapse complaints and outbreak management will continue, as will needle exchange service, naloxone distribution and 24/7 follow-up response protocols for rabies investigations, adverse water responses, etc.
- All Ontario Works life skills workshops are cancelled until further notice
- Ontario Works clients are asked to call their Case Manager before coming to our offices at 12 Gilbertson Drive and 117 Forest Street East in Dunnville and we will provide assistance over the telephone for all appointments.
- Ontario Works participants do not need to submit income cards for the month of March and will still receive their monthly benefits cheque.
- If someone needs to apply for Ontario Works they are asked to call our Intake Line at 519-426-6170 or 905-318-6623, ext. 3132.
- If someone is homeless and needs emergency housing, please call our Homeless Prevention Intake at 519-426-6170 or 905-318-6623, ext. 3134.
Updates will continue to be provided at https://hnhu.org/health-topic/coronavirus-covid-19.