- Physical Activity
Lesson Plans and Activities
OPHEA (Gr. 1-8)
- Lesson plans, teaching supplements and activities to help implement the 2015 H&PE Curriculum
- Resources and lesson plans for teaching physical literacy to children ages 3-12
- Teachers can sign up for free to access a teacher portal with lesson plans, videos and games
- Materials designed to promote and develop children’s overall wellbeing, including physical activity, healthy eating, and emotional wellbeing
- Two programs available, K–Gr. 3 & Gr. 4–Gr. 6
- Created by Physical and Health Education Canada
- Passport for Life is a tool that enables teachers to understand the physical literacy of their students. It assesses students in four categories: fitness skills, movement skills, active participation, and living skills. Students complete the assessments and the information is entered into the online system. Once completed, students receive a printable Passport that identifies their strengths and areas for improvement so they may set goals for improving their physical literacy. Teachers receive the results about their individual students, as well as aggregate information about the class, so they may structure their physical and health education programming appropriately.
- Hundreds of silly, energetic and fun videos that get kids active at school
- Many are short, desk-side activities that teachers can use for brain breaks or morning warm-ups
- Schools or classrooms can sign up for free
- A searchable database of more than 800 fun, safe and engaging activities for after-school programs, indoor recesses, DPA, phys. ed class, etc.
- Can sort with filters such as group size, play area, fundamental skills, adaptations and more
- Created by Toronto Catholic District School Board